Sunday 17 February 2013

Review of Memoria. A Corporation of Lies by Alex Bobl

Memoria. A Corporation of LiesMemoria. A Corporation of Lies by Alex Bobl

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Disclosure:
Actually this is the first time I win a book as a gift from the Writer himself. Alex Bobl gave me the chance to explore his talent in writing. And here I am, reviewing his nice work. The version I am reviewing is in English. and I have it in a Kindle Version.

My Plot:
I hope that I am not so spoiler to break the surprise of the reader, but my Plot will go like this: In a Bombed New York, Frank Shelby coming from DC to New York for a personal visit to his girlfriend Kathleen Baker, the scientist of Memoria - the corporation that helped people to erase their mind from the past events of War. At the airport Frank had been forced to take the cab of a bald man, but fortunately he was saved by his allergy against the Leather. He took another cab heading toward his apartment, Kathleen was waiting him there. She tells him that she has a secret that he needs to know. Arriving to the apartment, Frank finds Kathleen dead in his bed, and here starts the story. Police catch him, he was accused of several crimes including Terrorist attacks and Manslaughter. During the interrogation by the police, a group of armed guys breaks in the Police station trying to kidnap Shelby but he breaks free heading to the post office to get Kathleen's hard disk. The operation passed successfully, and Frank got the Hard Disk; fleeting from another attempt of kidnapping by the bald heads group. Frank heads toward his coach Max, and seeks help from his part. Max consult Barney for a solution to open this hard disk. Now the three heroes have to lead a war against Memoria in order to know the secret project that Kathleen wants to reveal. Through an enormous adventures, Barney was caught by Memoria's security team, Max had been killed in the migrants camp. Frank and Maggie continues the battle in order to discover the mysterious vaccination project of Memoria, and to show the corruption that dominate the Corporation Plan.

Positive and Negative Aspects:
I know that I shrink the plot so much but I do it for purpose, I have to let the reader find out what's going out inside the story. Speaking of positive sides, I would admit that this is the first science fiction I read in my life, It discusses the relation between Humans and New Technology, corruption and domination also were present in the story. It was simple and the events go smooth, The writer shares all his knowledge in the subject of science and military with the reader, and that's quite obvious through his depiction of Memoria and the techniques used inside this company to erase people's mind. Another nice aspect was the clever depiction of New York, the writer gave New York a depiction as if he is a permanent resident inside it. Besides the description of the migrants camp was so professional. Actually it was a nice combination between Realism, Science and Technology. The Time and the Past were a very valuable elements to understand the events of the story. Many would wonder why I don't state any negative aspect, my answer would be so simple, I enjoy this science fiction and I don't face any frustration from it.

My Personal View:
Inside the story I enjoy two things simultaneously, I explore the sights of New York and the nice places inside it without getting a visa to see it. And the second thing I enjoy was the talent of the writer in writing. Actually this Science fictions makes me believe that the Russians have been given a talent from God to improve the quality of Literature. I assume that reading this story made my time all enjoyment, especially when I stop in the scenes of fighting and Military missions. Finally all I have to say is to wish a good continuation to the writer in his career. Because for me, writing a science fiction and a techno thriller is not that simple task as we think. The writer have to keep the reader excited and to bring him out from boredom to a new world just through the words. So summing up all the review. The story was amazing and worth being read again and again. I hope that It would be made in a movie, I am sure the story will get the approval of all viewers.

Recommendations:
Before to start reading, the reader should bear in mind that all the events inside the story are fictitious, so there is no need to interpret it to the present events. Apart from this, the story is simple and the events are so smooth, so all I wish you is a good reading.



View all my reviews