Friday 1 February 2013

Review of Encyclopedia of Educational Psychology by Neil J. Salkind

Encyclopedia of Educational PsychologyEncyclopedia of Educational Psychology by Neil J. Salkind

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Disclosure:
I admit having an electronic copy of this Encyclopedia, with its two volumes, with a nice quality script. I am looking forward to have the Hardcover soon enough.

Overview:
The encyclopedia of Educational Psychology is a big effort from scholars who have been in touch with this subject long time, In fact it is the result of many Psychologist and Pedagogues. Most of the terms that dominates this encyclopedia relates to the field of Psychology and Paranormal behavior; Education and Learning techniques. I really consider myself as lucky having this Psychological reference for my future Career.

Positive and Negative Aspects:
Most of the times. Encyclopedias have a unified form of Organizing. So it's easy to get to targeted information just from the alphabetical listing, in my case I find it simple to check from the Bookmarks in the PDF Reader. So there is no standard of getting lost inside the information held in the encyclopedia. One thing that amazed me is that each entry has a connection to another one. Actually it makes the whole contents related to each other indirectly.

My Personal Reaction:
Personally I keep this encyclopedia as a reference for all my doubts and researches. Generally it worth having it as a source of information for all the psychological terms. It also worth being as a guide for educational matters. that's why I put 5 stars on it.

Recommendations:
The Encyclopedia is written in simple language with a nice clarification for all the terms held inside, so I would only recommend having a dictionary with you in case if you encounter a new word stranger from your past Knowledge.



View all my reviews