Saturday 12 January 2013

Review of Son of Hamas by Mosab Hassan Yousef

Son of HamasSon of Hamas by Mosab Hassan Yousef
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Disclosure:
I am not a fan of politics, but I hear some friends who told me about a Book that was amazing to read. I pick "Son of Hamas" in order to discover the Truth, but what I found was mostly mysterious. I have an eBook copy of that book in English, and a free copy in Arabic too.

My Plot:
The story began with Mosab riding his car after the IDF arrested him, after this process Mosab start recollecting in a sort of Flash-Back all the events that happens to him or to his family starting from his childhood, when his father Hassan Yousef was arrested by the Israeli Authority for political reasons, and how everybody ignore the family for no sin. Mosab said that he was charged to sell home made sweets in order to support the family, he really reveal an obscurity that dominate the Arab society especially Palestinians. Mosab feels a kind of relief when his father came back home again and how the society changed their treatments toward them. Mosab at this moment was patient to spend the hard moment without the help of the sick society that long suffer from the plague of Political corruption. Than the story goes when Mosab bought some unused riffle to start killing Israeli's as any motivated young did. After this incident, Mosab was caught by the Chin Bet, they offer him to work with them in order to stop the flow of blood, after the period of Custody and prison, he was reluctant to choose that offer, but finally he accept to be a double face agent, In fact he did his job with a nice efficiency, by stopping most of the terroristic attacks. Mosab leads a hard life by doing this job in a most extreme dangerous environment. He was taking all the risk to save the life of both Palestinians and Israeli's. He really fight for the humanity. But the end for me was sad enough. After the work with "the American Agency" and after "the Geek Squad" that Mosab build up with his friend, Our hero choose to live outside the country, and to live with a new religion, and a new ideology.

Positive and Negative Aspects:
First of all this book represent a nice ideology of a modern man, and how humanity should be in this 21 century, I really enjoyed the writing style of Mosab, and his nice story of converting to Christianity, and how he was ordered to love his enemies even if they treat him bad. Mosab in his book opens our eyes to the Truth, a truth that Arab mass media never revealed, that Hamas and the Palestinian Authority were using the Palestinian blood for their benefit, and that they are the main reason why Peace have never reach in the region of Middle East. I really owe more thanks for Mosab for being so daring to reveal these black secrets; of Hamas and the Palestinian Authority. Reality was that we were blind with lies that make a gloom in ourselves, until Mosab came to enlighten the truth. Mosab was so frank to reveal in the end that he was in no need of money or authority. He choose Freedom which is a right for everyone, he choose to live his life far from the horrible ideas of Terrorism and hatred of other. Inside his book he told the reader several incidents that Arab Mass Media never told to its viewer. I really congratulate him for this nice sacrifice.

My Personal Reaction:
I was chocked personally to follow all the events that Mosab spoke off. Actually I wasn't fan of Politics but Mosab made me change my view, Even if I read the whole book in two days due the nice style, I was feeling sad to read that Hamas is torturing Palestinians inside "the Majdou Prison" in accordance with Hamas high raking personals. I was even annoyed to hear that simple and poor Palestinians are a nice target for both Hamas and Fath, and that their life and blood are only a way to gain personal profit from the Arab aids. I really thanks the writer for awakening us from the long nightmare we have been living in long time ago. And I would tell him that he did a noble job no matter the outcome is.

Recommendations:
I would recommend this book to any Arab who was living in the long nightmare of Politics, the book is so clean and out from immorality, and thus I hope that everyone who feel sorry for Palestinians to read it once or twice just to discover what going on inside it.

View all my reviews